The Bis-Man Reel and Rec will hold its 32nd Annual “Take a Kid Fishing” on Saturday, June 1, 2013 at Sweetbriar Dam located approximately 20 miles west of Bismarck along Interstate 94.
Parents can either bring their child to Sweet Briar and join in on the fun or have their child take the bus. Children taking the bus need to be at the Mandan Community Center at 9:00 am SHARP! You may pick your child up at the same spot at approximately 2:45 pm.
Your child does not need to bring any fishing equipment as it will be provided. Lunch will also be provided.
Please fill out the form on the back and send it to the address listed below.
There will be a medical volunteer such as a nurse or doctor to provide any medical attention that may be needed. Please fill out the medical information waiver and special information section on the attached application and send any special instructions on its administration.
Please have your child dressed appropriately for the weather, keeping in mind that it is generally cooler by the lake. Also, medications and instructions on its use should be sent with your child.
In case of inclement weather, please stay tuned to KFYR-AM 550 radio for any announcements.
- Children who do not have the means to go fishing.
- Children of single parent families or parents who do not fish.
- Children and parents who do not have the means to fish but would like to spend memorable day fishing with their children.
- Age preference for children should be under the age of 16. But anyone is welcomed.
- Mentally or physically challenged participants, group home and special needs participants are exempt from the above age request.
Volunteers of the Bis-Man Reel and Rec Club will provide supervision. All persons attending this event must have a signed permission and emergency medical waiver slip prior to loading on the bus. If parents bring their child out to Sweetbriar Dam, they must sign a permission slip at the registration table. Pre-registration is encouraged so we have an idea of how many participants we need to prepare for.
Any questions or comments please call Jim at 391-3036 or e-mail JMP716@msn.com.