Round 2: You vs. the Maah Daah Hey - September 13-15, 2013
Registration is closed. Hike is full.
Sponsored by the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, this Becoming an Outdoors-Woman "Beyond BOW" event is designed for women with previous hiking or backpacking skills, or those that are in good physical condition.
Come along to hone your existing hiking skills and learn new skills from our instructors while experiencing one of North Dakota's preeminent hiking destinations. Participants will learn camp set-up, cooking, other backpacking tips and tricks, and listen to presentations on mountain lions, bighorn sheep, etc.
Cost per participant will be $30. This includes lunch and dinner on Saturday, lunch on Sunday, and group gear. Each participant must provide their own personal gear (sleeping bag, hiking boots, backpack, etc.) and should pack their own clothes, toiletries, and something for breakfast and snacks each day. There will be no support vehicles. Participants will pack all their equipment along the trail and to the campsite. A more detailed packing list will be provided upon receipt of registration.
Friday, September 13, 2013
- North Dakota Game and Fish staff will arrive at Magpie Campground. You are welcome to come stay the night. No activities or meals will be planned.
Saturday, September 14, 2013 – 9:00 a.m.
- Check-in: gear check and trip orientation, and lunch before setting out on the trail.
- Begin the first day's hike.
- We will stop somewhere on the trail to have breakfast and lunch.
- Evening presentation at our campsite.
Sunday, September 15, 2013 – 5:00a.m.
- Camp tear-down.
- Breakfast on your own.
- Begin the second day's hike.
- Lunch at the hike ending point.
- Wrap up discussion on the trip and then you are free to go home!