In an effort to foster a cleaner and healthier state, the North Dakota Game and Fish Department sponsors an annual contest to design a North Dakota Earth Day patch.
Winners - Three winners are chosen from the three age categories and a grand prize patch design is then chosen from those three winning designs.
- Age Categories:
Prizes - The winners of each category receive 10X42 binoculars. The grand prize design is used on a patch given out to members of school groups, Girls Scouts, Boy Scouts and 4-H clubs that participate in Earth Day cleanup projects in North Dakota during the spring and summer, and is recognized in the North Dakota OUTDOORS magazine.
Contestants are urged to get their youth organizations involved in Earth Day cleanup projects on state-owned or managed lands, parks and other community outdoor facilities. Have fun and good luck!
- The patch will be round and three inches in diameter.
- There will be a limit of five colors on the patch.
- The patch should incorporate some aspect of Earth Day or keeping North Dakota and the environment clean.
- The contestant must be a North Dakota ages of 6-18 years…age categories are 6-9, 10-13 and 14-18.
- Lettering must be printed.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The name, address and phone number of the contestant must be clearly printed on the entry form.
- Contest deadline is March 15.
To enter, use one of the forms below or submit one white page with the 3-inch-diameter drawing and contestant's (printed) name, address, phone number and age.
Downloadable Entry Form
Mail submissions to:
- Pat Lothspeich
- North Dakota Game and Fish Department
- 100 N Bismarck Expressway
- Bismarck, North Dakota 58501