The Game and Fish Department's Private Land Open To Sportsmen (PLOTS) program can also work in conjunction with many federal programs such as the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP). Federal private land program information is available from the following websites:
- USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) - Information about Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP), Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), and others.
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) - Information about Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP), Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP), Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Grassland Reserve Program (GRP), Wetland Reserve Program (WRP), and others.
- US Fish & Wildlife Service North Dakota Partners for Wildlife (USFWS) - Technical and financial assistance available for wetland restoration, grass seed, fencing for rotational grazing, developing stock dams, and other activities that enhance wildlife habitat on private lands.
For more information on public and private conservation see the following publications:
- The Grass Book 2013 (Contacts and Information for Seeding and Managing your CRP and other Program Grasslands)
- Life After CRP - How to manage expired CRP acres for profitability while maintaining some benefits for pheasants and other wildlife.
- North Dakota Game and Fish Department Private Land Programs (Initiative) brochure.
- Wildlife Management Guide - Management Considerations for Private Lands.