New Licenses Needed April 1
North Dakota anglers, spring light goose hunters and trappers are reminded that new licenses for the 2017-18 season are required starting April 1.
Anglers and hunters can purchase new licenses beginning March 15 at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department website, gf.nd.gov, and at more than 140 vendor locations throughout the state.
License buyers who use the Game and Fish website will notice a new look to the online system, which allows customers to purchase, apply for or renew licenses.
Hunters and anglers who have purchased licenses in the past should find their information in the new system. However, if prior information isn’t found, or if the information seems incorrect – such as boat registrations or bonus points – customers should contact the Department at 701-328-6335.
Game and Fish IT supervisor Brian Hosek said the new system, which has been in place since December, has met expectations and is working well. “The majority of users, such as people renewing their boat registrations, and spring turkey applicants, have experienced a smooth transition, but with a major overhaul like this we expect some issues to arise that need to be worked out,” Hosek said. “We ask anyone who experiences a technical issue to contact the Department so we can help them work through it.”
Help and tutorial links are available, which highlight new changes to the online services system. Some benefits of the new system include:
· Customers are able to view licenses, lottery applications and results, bonus points, boat registration, magazine and calendar orders, and more, all in one place.
· Address information is stored (and may be updated), so license buyers no longer need to reenter personal information each time a license is purchased or an application is filled out.
· Replacement hunter education cards can be printed directly from your account page.
· Email and text notification preferences can be managed from your account page.
· Purchase and renew magazine subscriptions and purchase calendars online.
· Mobile friendly – making it easier to conduct business on a smartphone.
One other item that some license buyers will notice is that the vendor service fee has changed. In the past, vendors could charge a 50-cent service fee on a license purchase, but the 2017 North Dakota Legislature changed that to allow vendors the option to add a 3 percent service fee to the total transaction.
The service fee does not apply to license purchases or applications made through the Game and Fish Department’s website.
The 2017-18 small game, fishing and furbearer licenses are effective April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.