Skip to main content - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
Alert: COVID-19 Related Closures and Information (Note: Department offices are open to public access by appointment only.)

NDGF, USDA Partner to Help Landowners with CRP Offers

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for its voluntary Conservation Reserve Program. Private landowners can sign up at their local USDA Farm Service Agency office through Feb. 12.

This popular USDA program provides options for environmentally sensitive land by reducing soil erosion and improving water quality, but it also provides significant benefits to wildlife populations through the habitat it creates. The habitat created by CRP makes it a great fit for the Game and Fish Department’s Private Land Open To Sportsmen program.

“Game and Fish has partnered with the USDA Farm Service Agency to help producers learn more about CRP and options available to them,” said North Dakota Game and Fish private land section supervisor Kevin Kading.  

Landowners are encouraged to visit to answer a few questions that will direct them to their local FSA county office for more detailed information and to apply for CRP. Landowners can also request to be contacted by a Game and Fish private land biologist to learn more about additional incentives and cost-share for allowing walk-in hunting access to their CRP through PLOTS.