Grilled Fish Tacos
- 4 fish fillets (walleye, pike, perch, or catfish)
- White corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
Pico de Gallo
- 1 c chopped red cabbage
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ c. red onion diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ c sour cream
- 1/3 c mayo
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Siracha or other hot sauce
- Combine olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, chili pepper and garlic salt. Marinate the fillets in this mixture for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Remove fillets from marinade and place in foil ensuring they’re still evenly coated with the marinade. Seal foil packets so they can be flipped on the grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes, flipping half-way through on medium high heat or until fish is white and flaky.
- Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, cabbage, red onion and cilantro. Mix with lime juice to make a pico de gallo.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, lime juice, garlic powder and hot sauce to make fish taco sauce.
- Serve fish atop tortillas with pico and taco sauce.
Pheasant Tortilla Soup
- 3-4 pheasant breasts
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ can black beans
- 1 ½ cup corn (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes and peppers (or 1 can Rotel)
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced (optional)
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- Shredded cheese and tortilla chips to top (optional)
Lightly brown pheasant breasts on both sides.
Mix all ingredients in CrocPot EXCEPT lime juice and cilantro.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Remove breasts and shred.
Return shredded meat to the pot, add lime juice and cilantro and cook 30 more minutes on low.
Crunch tortilla chips and cheese on top
Simple Pickled Recipe
(Modified from a Hank Shaw recipe)
(Ingredients - per pound of fish)
Brine: 1 cup kosher salt, 4 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pickling seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- Peel of 1 lemon
- 1 medium red onion - thinly sliced