- Species Identification
- Guide to identifying some common North Dakota species.
- Insects and Pollinators
- Invasive Species
- Nonnative species of plants and animals that have been introduced or spread into North Dakota and are causing ongoing issues within the state's ecosystems.
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- Information on the several species in North Dakota that are listed as threatened (likely to become an endangered species in the near future) or endangered (in danger of extinction now) via the Endangered Species Act and additional species listed as candidate (proposed for listing as threatened or endangered species) species.
- Orphaned and Injured Animals
- What to do if you find an orphaned or injured wild animal.
- Wildlife Diseases
- Descriptions of common diseases which occur in North Dakota wildlife.
- Reporting Banded Birds
- Banding is a critical tool for the management and conservation of migratory bird populations. Bands found on birds taken during hunting seasons, on bird carcasses or band numbers read or photographed on live birds can be reported here.
- Tax Checkoff
- The Watchable Wildlife Fund was established in 1987 to provide a source of revenue to promote and conserve species not typically hunted or fished and advocate for watching wildlife. Learn more about helping this program through the watchable wildlife tax checkoff.
- Photo Contest
- Entry information and past winning photographs for this annual photo contest.
Plants and Habitats
- Plant Identification
- Links to plant identification resources.
- North Dakota Habitats Overview
- A look at the vegetation, geological regions, climate, land classification and habitats found in the state.
- Conservation Landscaping
- Information about landscaping yards and other properties in ways that benefit local wildlife.
State Wildlife Action Plan
- State Wildlife Action Plan
- Conservation plan focused mainly on nongame species of conservation priority in the state.
- Species of Conservation Priority
- North Dakota species of conservation priority by level.
- State Wildlife Grants
- North Dakota implementation of the State Wildlife Grants program which provides federal dollars to every state and territory to support cost-effective conservation aimed at preventing wildlife from becoming endangered.
- Wildlife and Conservation Publications
- Online order form for wildlife and conservation publications produced by the Department.
- Spawning Restrictions Exclusions (pdf)
- Earth Day
- Earth Day celebrations in North Dakota
- Care, Cleaning and Cooking of Wild Game
- Links to information about proper handling and cooking of wild game.