North Dakota Game and Fish Department Homepage
North Dakota Game and Fish Department
To protect, conserve and enhance fish and wildlife populations and their habitat for sustained public use.
Hunt North Dakota
- Spring Turkey - The 2024 spring wild turkey lottery has been held and more than 1,000 licenses remain in 11 units. Remaining licenses are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Hunters are allowed two licenses for the spring season.
- Spring Light Geese Conservation Order - Open 02/17/2024 - 05/12/2024. Regulations.
- Take Someone New Hunting Challenge - The Department has partnered with Pheasants Forever to share their Hunter Mentor Pledge in North Dakota. Take the Pledge.
Fish North Dakota
- Early Fish House Removal Advised: While the deadline for removing permanent fish houses from North Dakota lakes is March 15, the Department is urging anglers to consider removing their houses early in areas of the state where ice conditions are deteriorating. More...
- Ice Safety Tips: Be prepared and learn how to stay safe on the ice before venturing out to ice fish.
- Darkhouse Spearfishing: Individuals age 16 and older who wish to participate in darkhouse spearfishing must first register with the Department.
Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Research, programs and grants to support the conservation of North Dakota's habitats, fish and wildlife
Financial and technical assistance to private landowners for habitat protection, enhancement and development
North Dakota Outdoors
More Questions Than Answers