Watchable Wildlife Photo Contest
The North Dakota Game and Fish Watchable Wildlife Photo Contest is an annual photo contest begun in 1989. The contest showcases North Dakota's wildlife, plant and insect species. Winning photos are displayed on the Department's website and in the January issue of the North Dakota Outdoors magazine, the Department's monthly magazine.
The contest has categories for nongame and game species, as well as plants/insects. An overall winning photograph will be chosen, with the number of place winners in each category determined by the number of qualified entries.
- Photos must have been taken in North Dakota.
- Submission Deadline: October 1, 2019.
- Submission Format: Only digital files will be accepted. Files must be png, jpg, jpeg, or pdf. Digital submissions can be either original digital photographs, or scans made from prints or slides/transparencies. Photographers will need to supply the original image if needed for publication.
- Entry Limits: No more than five entries per contestant.
- Submissions: Photos must be submitted online (Note: This link will take you to a Surveygizmo page where photos can be submitted.)
- All entries must be accompanied by the photographer’s name, phone number and email address. Other information such as photo site location and month taken can be entered into the comment box provided.
By submitting an entry, photographers grant permission to Game and Fish to publish winning photographs in North Dakota OUTDOORS magazine, and on the Department’s website, gf.nd.gov as well as the agency social media channels.
Winning photographers will be notified via phone or email by Dec. 1, 2019.
(Note: This link will take you to a Surveygizmo page where photos can be submitted.)