Earth Day Patch Contest
2022 Earth Day Patch Contest Winners
In an effort to bring awareness and develop consciousness about the environmental condition of our planet and North Dakota, the Department is sponsoring the North Dakota Earth Day Patch Contest.
Winners will be chosen from three grade categories. The grand prize patch design winner is chosen from one of the three winning categories.
- Grade Categories:
Each winner will receive an outdoor kit which includes a pair of binoculars and field guides. The grand prize winner will have their design displayed on this year's recognition patch, be featured in the North Dakota OUTDOORS magazine and on the North Dakota Game and Fish Department website.
The grand prize winning design will be used on a patch to be given out to the members of school groups, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4H clubs, outdoor clubs and community groups that participate in Earth Day cleanup projects in North Dakota throughout the year. Contestants are urged to get their communities involved in Earth Day projects on publically owned or managed lands in or near their communities.
- The patch is round and three inches in diameter.
- You may only use 5 colors on the patch design.
- The patch design should incorporate some aspect of Earth Day including environmental awareness, respect for the earth, water quality, wildlife or habitat conservation in North Dakota.
- The contestant must be a North Dakota resident and youth between grades K -12. The categories include K-4, 5-8 and 9-12 grades.
- Any lettering on the patch must be printed.
- All contestant information must be clearly printed on the entry form.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Only submit original entries (no copies or duplications) by March 15.
- Contest deadline is March 15. Mail before March 15 so your entries are received by the deadline.
For questions about this contest please contact us online here or call 701-328-6615.
To order Earth Day patches for members of groups conducting Earth Day projects, please complete the Earth Day Report Form.