Social Media Comment Policy
NOTE: Please report suspected game and fish violations to the Report All Poachers line at 701-328-9921 (State Radio) or to your local game warden. Do not report them on this page.
Thank you for visiting the North Dakota Game and Fish Department Facebook page. The Department welcomes your comments, questions and thoughts, and we ask that you keep your posts respectful. Our policy is to allow comments unless they violate the guidelines below.
All comments left on this Facebook page are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment you agree that the comment content is your own, and the North Dakota Game and Fish Department is harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.
North Dakota Game and Fish Department reserves the right to remove any post that is inaccurate, offensive, advertises commercial products, or is otherwise objectionable. We also reserve the right to ban individuals who violate any of the guidelines listed below or Facebook’s terms of service.
The following types of comments are not allowed on the Department’s Facebook page:
- Personal attacks, name calling or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language. This includes creative spellings of swear words (ex. asterisks or spaces between words or abbreviations).
- That may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public, Department employees or the public system.
- That are defaming.
- That infringe on copyrights.
- That constitute or encourage illegal activity.
- That promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- That contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Spamming, or the same content being posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.
- That promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure or politically sensitive issue.
- That disclose information which the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
- Whose main purpose is to sell a product or solicit commerce.
- Other comments that the communications team deems inappropriate.
Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.
North Dakota Game and Fish Department does not endorse comments posted on our social media accounts, and such comments do not reflect the official position(s) of the Department, its officers or employees or the state of North Dakota. The Department reserves the right to delete unacceptable comments.
We moderate comments as best possible; however, there may be instances in which we do not see and remove inappropriate comments. If you notice a comment that you believe we may have missed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.