2023 Fish Challenge Official Rules
Anglers who catch the four species (Classic Challenge - northern pike, yellow perch, smallmouth bass, and channel catfish or Sportfish Challenge - bluegill, walleye, bass (largemouth, smallmouth or white) and trout (rainbow or brown)) included in the 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge are eligible to receive a certificate, sticker, and be included in the online records of 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge winners.
- The challenge begins May 1, 2023 and must be completed no later than August 15, 2023. Fish caught prior to the starting date are not eligible.
- All fish submitted for the 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge must be caught in North Dakota waters.
- Both North Dakota residents and nonresidents can complete the challenge.
- All participating anglers age 16 or older must have a valid, current North Dakota fishing license at the time each fish is caught and must follow all regulations for the body of water upon which they are fishing including but not limited to bait restrictions and bag limits.
- Each submission must include date of catch, angler contact information and angler fishing license number.
- Anglers do not need to pre-register to participate in the 2023 North Dakota Fishing Challenge.
- Anglers must visit gf.nd.gov/fish-challenge and complete the submission form for each species caught as part of the challenge. Each form must include:
- entrant's complete contact information, including mailing address (to send certificate and sticker),
- a valid email address,
- entrant's current North Dakota fishing license number,
- the date of the catch,
- body of water caught and
- an uploaded photo of the fish.
- NOTE: By submitting the entry form, entrants are giving the North Dakota Game and Fish Department permission to use their names and submitted photos on the Department's website, social media channels and print materials.
- As each subsequent new species is caught, the angler will complete the submission process. The form will include a checkbox to alert North Dakota Game and Fish that the angler has a prior submission in pursuit of the 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge.
- Only one fish of a given species may be submitted in the system at a given time.
- Upon submission of the final species, the angler will check “I’ve completed my 2023 North Dakota Fishing Challenge” box on the online submission form, alerting North Dakota Game and Fish staff to check records to verify the four submissions.
- Anglers who do not have access to online submission of their catches will need to contact Jackie Ressler at ND Game and Fish to receive paper submission forms
- Upon verification of achievement of the 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge by North Dakota Game and Fish Department staff, the angler will be provided with:
- a certificate of their achievement and
- a 2023 North Dakota Fish Challenge sticker.
- Entrants may have their names and photos featured on North Dakota Game and Fish Department website, social media channels and other agency publications.