Chronic Wasting Disease - Surveillance and Collection Sites
Several drop-off sites for deer, moose and elk testing are available across the state prior to and after the deer gun season. Many additional sites are available during the deer gun season.
Test results can be expected within 4 weeks. When your results are available, you will receive a message in your Game and Fish account inbox.
Fawns and head-shot animals cannot be tested. If you are unsure of the age or condition of your animal, submit it and we will assess it.
- Remove head from carcass, leaving 4-6 inches of neck attached to the head.
- Remove antlers if you wish to keep them.
- The North Dakota Game and Fish carcass tag must stay with the meat.
- Ensure that North Dakota Game and Fish Department license tag is still attached to head or affix new, filled-out ID tag (available at site). UNLABELED HEADS CANNOT BE SAMPLED.
- Place tagged/labeled head in barrel.
Taxidermy Heads: After the cape and antlers are removed, affix new ID tag to the remainder of the skull and place in barrel.
European Mount Heads: Take the head to a North Dakota Game and Fish district office to be sampled.
Testing Elk, Moose, and Deer Prior to and After the Deer Gun Season
A list of drop-off locations will be listed here prior to the fall 2024 seasons.