Commonly infected wildlife
Is this animal infected?
- Fish infected by this virus exhibit cauliflower- like growths on skin, fins and occasionally gills
Can I get it?
- The disease poses no known health hazards to humans
How bad can it get?
Humans are not at risk for lymphocystis
Protect myself and others
- Consume fish fillets like any other by properly cleaning, preparing and cooking
Symptoms in humans
- None – people are not at risk
Safe for pets?
Yes - no known health risk
What causes it?
- A virus called lymphocystivirus